The following section sets out the benefits payable to active members from the Scheme (under certain circumstances and criteria).
Examples of Scheme benefits include:
- A monthly pension at retirement which is subject to annual increases in line with the Retail’s Price Index
- Tax-free lump sum option at retirement
- Ill health benefits, if you’re seriously ill or unable to continue working
- Lump sum death benefits that can be paid directly to your loved ones if you were to die
- Spouse or dependant, and child pensions if applicable, paid in the event of your death.