If you’re seriously ill and unable to work, you may be able to receive your pension early.
What’s the process?
1. If you’re an active member, you should discuss your situation with your line manager and HR. If you’re a deferred member, please contact the pensions team.
2. Agree to take your application forward
3. An Employee Relations Case Management Specialist will guide and support you through the process
- If the medical adviser to the Scheme certifies that you permanently can’t carry out your existing duties, you’ll receive a pension based on your completed Pensionable Service plus half of the remaining period up to age 65
- If the medical adviser to the Scheme certifies that you permanently can’t carry out any employment, you’ll receive a pension based on your completed Pensionable Service plus the future Pensionable Service you would have accrued if you stayed in employment until 65.
If your life expectancy is less than 12 months, you could surrender all of your ill-health pension for a lump sum